HelpMaster is in a constant state of development, and updates are released periodically.
Generally speaking, releases of HelpMaster will contain both new and improved functionality as well as bug-fixes and other maintenance related code. In some circumstances, however, a release may warrant just bug-fixes to address critical issues.
HelpMaster version numbers follow a 4-part numbering convention, as described below.
eg. HelpMaster 188.8.131.52
- First digit = Major version = Year of release (2013 = 13)
- Second digit = Month of release (6 = June)
- Third digit = Day of release (4 = 4th day of month)
- Fourth digit = Build number. This is an incremental build number
How to get notified of new releases
There are several ways of being notified of new releases.
- Use the "Check for updates" option under the "Help" menu within HelpMaster desktop.
- Subscribe to the announcements forum online. When a new release is available, an announcement will be posted. Subscribers will receive an email.
- Subscribe to the "Technical bulletins" newsletter.
- Check the Support page of this website.