2nd level help desk technicians
The 2nd line of a help desk is a place where technical competence meets customer relations. Incidents, jobs and tasks are typically assigned to the second line of a help desk because they cannot be resolved at the initial point of contact. It is in this part of the life-cycle of a job that the help desk technician requires the following features in their help desk software.
- Finding solutions from previous cases using the Knowledge Base
- Working the lifecycle of a help desk incident
- Adding actions items to a job
- Linking similar jobs together
- Actioning multiple jobs at once
- Adding further information and items (Assets, configuration items, clients, etc) to the initial job definition
- Closing jobs
- Re-assigning jobs
- Responding to client queries
HelpMaster allows the 2nd line help desk operator to do all of the things listed above in an integrated, easy-to-use interface.