What types of industries use help desk software?
HelpMaster is currently being used by many businesses in many industries. Here's a few
Education - schools, universities, TAFEs, CITs etc.
Educational institutions of all types have very busy IT demands and a constant stream of things to do. HelpMaster shines in these areas.
- High student numbers, high turn-over rate of "clients"
- Supporting a very-large number of different devices. Some schools issue a laptop/computer/device per student. These are in constant need of helpdesk / technical attention
- Students submitting "helpdesk" calls at the end of lunch, or into class time.
- Staff are supporting a wide-range of technical environments
- Distance between work-sites is often an issue. Geographically distributed campus can require travel, remote access and effective time management
- Staff often need to divide their time between supporting other staff and teachers, and the students
- Support at a school can often be a broad mix of helpdesk, facilities management, training, service delivery and faculty administration
Implement the client-web self-service module. Students (and staff) can log-on via the web from anywhere and log a new ticket, or check on the status of an existing ticket. Many schools often have some sort of intranet in existence (Sharepoint, CMS, custom etc). By building custom web-forms into an existing intranet, or internet website, staff and students can fill in details of service requests, room bookings, loan materials etc. This information is either logged directly into HelpMaster via custom API development, or emailed to the Email Manager where the details of the job are scanned, filtered, parsed and created as a job.
Small business need to find a way to out-perform bigger companies and a competitive environment. To do more, with less. So many small companies are "punching above their weight" in terms of performance, competitiveness, quality, customer service and inventiveness. However this can come at a cost. Business owners often work hard and long, and much time is devoted to reporting and analysis and trying to determine who is working on what, and where can the business be improved, or refined.
HelpMaster gives small business owners a powerful business tool. By logging each task, or job, for both customers and internal jobs, a small business can gain an competitive advantage by understanding and optimizing their daily processes.
- Customers get the service they deserve - nothing falls through the cracks.
- Business owners can easily see what their staff are up to - and report on employees performance and workload
- Business knowledge can be documented via the knowledge base system