2nd line helpdesk operators
The 2nd line of a helpdesk is a place where technical competence meets customer relations. Incidents, jobs and tasks are typically assigned to the second line of a helpdesk because they cannot be resolved at the initial point of contact. It is in this part of the lifecycle of a job that the helpdesk technician requires the following features in their helpdesk software.
- Finding solutions from previous cases using the Knowledge Base
- Working the lifecycle of a helpdesk incident
- Adding actions items to a job
- Linking similar jobs together
- Actioning multiple jobs at once
- Adding further information and items (Assets, configuration items, clients, etc) to the initial job definition
- Closing jobs
- Re-assigning jobs
- Responding to client queries
HelpMaster allows the 2nd line helpdesk operator to do all of the things listed above in an integrated, easy-to-use interface.